Sunday, March 02, 2008

Why I should Be Kept Away from Bookstores

Both yesterday and today, I made trips to local malls. Yesterday specifically to visit my local bookstore, and the one today to go to a not local at all Bath and Bodyworks for glycerine soap. But when I got to the mall, I had to pass a huge Borders, which I thought might not be there any longer because I had been recieving e-mails from Borders saying they were going to close a Borders near Atlantic City.

Well, the one I passed today just happens to be very near Atlantic City, so I had mistakenly thought it was closed. But it wasn't, and that made me happy, because the store is so full of booky goodness. I ended up buying nearly $170 worth of books, and at my local bookstore, I had already spent $110. My biggest problem now? Places to put them.

I have five bookshelves in my room. Two of them and part of a shelf on a third actually hold my DVD collection (and yeah, I have a problem there, too), but one of those is only two shelves deep and holds my TV on top, along with my DVD/VCR, and cable box. Two are taken up with my collection of D&D, AD&D and other RPG books and modules, but at this point its mostly D&D and AD&D. I also have my Writing Books in these bookshelves, and my Macintosh game collections (More sit with the humungous holder for CDs in my room. I save the shelf for the DVD game boxes, like for Civilization, my Sims2 Collection, Neverwinter Nights 2 and packages of treats for my cat.

The last bookshelf is another two-shelfer and holds my books to be read file (which has overtaken the bedside table in six huge stacks) and my blank books for writing in. Everything is stuffed (My DVD collection is shelved two deep), and I don't really have the room for more. Yet, I went out and bought more books. I am beginning to think I should be chained up when I go past bookstores, like some werewolves chain themselves up on the nights of the full moon to prevent themselves from going on a rampage. Do you think it would help?

(What I bought: Trinity Blood 5, Naruto 27, 28 and Saiyuki Reload 7, Colliding Forces by Constance O'Day Flannery, Wolf Blood by Jane Lindskold, Dead Perfect by Amanda Ashley, Vampire Interrupted by Lynsay Sands, White Night by Jim Butcher, Ravenor Rogue by Dan Abnett, Howling at the Moon by Karen MacInerny, Firebird by Mercedes Lackey, Undead by Reggie Lee Byers, Kris Longknife: Audacious by Mike Sheppard, to Hell and Back by Lilith Saintcrow, Rebel Fay by Barb and J.C. Hendree, Unquiet Dreams by Mark Del Franko, Dragon Fire by Allyson James, The Warrior by Kinley MacGregor, Kiss of Flame by Deborah Cooke, In the Midnight Hour by Patti O'Shea, The Marvel Comics Guide to New York City (which I already read and reviewed), The Complete Divine, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits and Anita Blake: First Death, a graphic Novel.)

No comments: