Thursday, February 21, 2008

Non Fiction day

Reading "Shards of Crimson" was delayed by reading the non-fiction book "They Can't Find Anything Wrong!" which I had hoped would help my mom, but it is chiefly about psychosomatic illness caused by various stressors like depression, anxiety, or mental trauma. I read it and decided not to give it to my mom, because I feel she would think I was saying it was all in her head, which is not really what I feel, nor what the book says.

What the book is saying is that these things do put stress on the body, which will be felt as if they were real. But since the illness is caused by stress, the doctors will rarely find a physical cause that they can treat and have it go away and heal the patient. Because the stress is mental, treating physical causes won't or doesn't help beyond a certain point, because they aren't getting at the *real* cause for the disease.

I also read two more graphic novels: Tony Stark- Director of Shield, and X-Men: Black Panther, both of which are kinda forgettable.

No comments: