Friday, February 15, 2008

Manga Mania

I didn't have much time to read yesterday, and I am still in the middle of Nalini Singh's "Mine to Possess", but I did read a book called "Love's Executioner and other Tales"; ten tales of psychiatric therapy from a Stanford University psychiatrist. Many were successful, others not so much, but each fascinating in their own way. I also got a chance to read some more manga from the library, Dragon Drive 5 and 6, and Ouran High School Host Club 10.

"Dragon Drive" reminds me a lot of Pokemon or Digimon. It's about a young boy who isn't very good in school, but his female friend introduces him to a new game called "Dragon Drive", which is played at underground centers all over Japan. Dragons are assigned randomly, and our young hero is assigned what seems to be an extremely juvenile and useless dragon. However, the dragon is able to transform based on his owner's belief in him, and using the Power of Heart(TM), he is able to overcome dragons much larger and more powerful when he bonds with his own Dragon. Later, he finds out that the duels and games he has been playing is actually due to an alternate universe, and gets sucked into it along with his female friend and worst rival. The Corporation Ri-On is using the game to try and take over this alternate world and steal certain artifacts of power. I wouldn't buy this manga myself, but I will read it from the Library.

No comments: