Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Good Books... Just Read!

As anyone who knows me can tell, I am a bibliophile, i.e. someone who loves books and loves to read. In fact, I don't just love fiction books, although that is the main thrust of my reading. Countless subjects catch my attention on a more or less daily basis, not to mention various graphic novels, manga, manwha and so on.

So what have I been reading lately? A lot.

I read *very* quickly. How quickly is very quickly? I can read more than a book a day, depending on its length and how much time I can set aside for reading. For instance, in the last week, I have read the Forgotten Realms novel "Shadowbred" by Paul S. Kemp, the old novelization of "Mission Impossible" (the television series, not the movie) by John Tiger, "Hell to Pay: A Novel of the Nightside" by Simon R. Green, "Warrior and Witch" by Marie Brennan, "The Assassins of Isis" by P.C. Doherty, "John Constantine: Hellblazer- Warlord" by John Shirley (a novel rather than a graphic novel), "John Constantine: Hellblazer- All His Engines" by Mike Carey and Leonardo Maco, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation- Hell House"- a graphic novel, Ghost Hunt #3 and 5 by Shiho Inada and Fuyumi Ono, "Magic Study" by Maria Snyder, "In Stone's Grasp" by Christie Golden, and "Dragon's Lair" by Sharon Kay Penman. I enjoyed each and every one of them. So, if you are looking for a few good books, or even just one good book... keep them in mind.

No comments: